Premises Liability Lawyer
The majority of personal injury cases are founded on negligence, and premises liability cases are no exception. When an injury that occurs at or around property owned by someone else, it is often a direct result of unsafe conditions, defects, areas that are in need of maintenance, or some hazard that has been overlooked. It is possible that the businesses, restaurant, retail store, or property owner has been careless. However, this is not always the case. In a premises liability case, it must be proven the the property owner was previously aware of the condition, had been warned and failed to fix the issue, or failed to use reasonable care and maintenance to keep the area safe for others. The list below provides some scenarios for a premises liability cases, but there are far more situations that could also fall under this umbrella.
Some Premises Liability Scenarios:
- At a hardware store, an injury occurs when an unsecured large item fell from randomly from a shelf causing a blow to the head.
- A step and unsecured rug in dark area of a restaurant caused a diner to trip and fall into another object.
- Floors left slippery from a water leak at local grocery store caused a customer to slip and fall, landing hard on their hip.
- The sidewalks of a business were not reasonably cleared of ice and snow, causing a devestating fall and back injury.
- While doing yard-work, a loose dog lunges at and bites a neighbor, causing a deep laceration and emotional stress.
- While at an amusement park, a child is severely injured when thrown from a carnival ride due to faulty restraints.
- Construction site worker is exposed to toxic fumes and chemicals which contributed to cancer diagnosis.
Property Owners Premises Liability
Slips, trips and falls on someone else’s property are common premises liability cases, but there is truly a vast range of potential cases. Business owners must take every step necessary to keep customers safe, prevent defective conditions, and pose no threat of injury to visitors. If there is a hazard present, it must be clearly posted with a sign to prevent an accident. When they fail to do what is necessary to reasonably keep others safe from injury, we may be able to hold them responsible for their negligence. However, we must also show that you were authorized to be there, and that you didn’t act in an irresponsible or careless manner to have provoked the injury.
Careless Property Owner
When our clients are injured by the carelessness of a property owner, residential or commercial, the attorneys at Action Law Offices are here to help. We uncover clues, and investigate to identify the cause of the injury, determine who is at fault, and decide whether or not it could have been prevented. The details of your case are important, and facts must hold up in court in order to obtain compensation for your injuries and accident-related losses. Hire an Action Law premises liability attorney and gain piece of mind that your rights will be preserved, and fair compensation will be paid.
Injured? Take Action!
Action Law Offices has an extensive history of successfully representing clients in premises liability cases and obtaining large jury verdicts for over twenty years. If you have been hurt on someone else’s property, at a bar, outside of a business, or inside of a store, contact us for a free initial case evaluation as find out how we can help you! We handle cases on a contingency fee basis which means that you don’t pay a thing unless we win your case.
Milwaukee (414) 456-1111 • Racine (262) 637-3000 • West Bend (262) 334-2700 •