Slip, Trip, Fall Accidents
Sue For Trip And Fall Injuries
A slip, a trip, or a fall can lead to painful injuries, medical bills, lost wages, a lasting disability, or even loss of life. Negligence or intent must be proven in order sue another party for the injuries sustained, and care that was necessary to treat those injuries. A slippery floor or an unsafe railing can suddenly change a life. You may need an slip and fall attorney to determine the full extent of damages and determine if there is a lawsuit potential.
Does My Fall Injury Qualify?
You may be wondering if you have potential for a Premises Liability lawsuit. To get the answers you're looking for, fill out the form on this page to prompt a free case review. Or, find the "take action" form here.
Wisconsin Safe Place Statute
Wisconsin's safe-place statute raises the bar for owners of businesses and other public buildings to protect the injured. Injuries that can result from tripping, falling, or slipping can be severe. If your injury is severe, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the injury and other damages. At Action Law Offices, we have the skills and resources to investigate and litigate slip-and-fall injury accidents.
Some Causes Of A Slip and Fall
A slip-and-fall injury can be caused by a wide range of hazards at the workplace, around town, or just about anywhere. A slip-and-fall accident or trip-and-fall accident may result from poor maintenance, poor design of facilities or simple inattention to obvious hazards.
- Retail stores can be dangerous- A leaky freezer in a grocery, debris left in the aisle of a store, a spill on a restaurant floor or an unstable stack of boxed merchandise in a discount store can all cause serious injuries to customers. If you have suffered a slip-and-fall injury due to unsafe conditions, talk to a personal injury lawyer right away.
- Unsafe porches, ramps and balcony railings can cause dangerous falls. At an apartment building, a home or in a hotel — defectively designed, inadequately built or poorly maintained facilities can cause accident injuries including broken bones, head injuries and spinal cord injuries.
- Slip-and-fall injury caused by snow and ice. In Wisconsin, we are used to being careful about walking on snow and ice. There are times, however, when a property owner has failed to correct conditions that make snow and ice more dangerous — a downspout that drains onto a parking lot and creates an ice hazard, a leaky gutter, or an uneven sidewalk hidden by snow.
Slip And Fall Lawyer
If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall accident caused by someone else's negligence, the property owner, company or other parties may be responsible for damages. Slip, trip and fall accidents can be difficult for inexperienced law firms. Preserve your legal rights and place responsibility where it belongs. The slip and fall injury lawyers at Action Law Offices have the necessary experience; fairly quickly, we can advise whether or not you have a strong case against the property owners.
Examples of initial questions your attorney may ask during consultation:
- How, when and where were your injuries sustained?
- If your injury happened at a home or business, did the property owner have had a reasonable opportunity to remove the hazardous condition?
- If the hazardous condition was justified, was it clearly marked?
- Was poor lighting or limited visibility a factor in causing the slip and fall?
Learn more about some of the more serious slip and fall injuries that our law practice has seen:
Injured? Take Action!
Contact Our Team of Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys
to Get the Legal Help That You Need.