Slip, Trip, Fall Accidents
Slip, Trip or Fall Lawyer Near Milwaukee
A slip, a trip, or a fall can lead to painful injuries, medical bills, lost wages, a lasting disability, or even loss of life. Negligence or intent must be proven in order sue another party for the injuries sustained, and care that was necessary to treat those injuries. A slippery floor or an unsafe railing can suddenly change a life. If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall accident caused by someone else’s negligence, these cases can be difficult to prove. Preserve your legal rights and place responsibility where it belongs.
- Retail stores can be dangerous premises. A leaky freezer in a grocery, debris left in the aisle of a store, a spill on a restaurant floor or an unstable stack of boxed merchandise in a discount store can all cause serious injuries to customers. If you have suffered a slip-and-fall injury due to unsafe conditions, talk to a personal injury lawyer.
- Unsafe porches, ramps and balcony railings can cause dangerous falls. At an apartment building, a home or in a hotel — defectively designed, inadequately built or poorly maintained facilities can cause accident injuries including broken bones, head injuries and spinal cord injuries.
- Slip-and-fall injury caused by snow and ice. In Wisconsin, we are used to being careful about walking on snow and ice. There are times, however, when a property owner has failed to correct conditions that make snow and ice more dangerous — a downspout that drains onto a parking lot and creates an ice hazard, a leaky gutter, or an uneven sidewalk hidden by snow.
A slip-and-fall injury can be caused by a wide range of hazards. A slip-and-fall accident or trip-and-fall accident may result from poor maintenance, poor design of facilities or simple inattention to obvious hazards. At Action Law Offices, we have the skills and resources to investigate and litigate slip-and-fall injury accidents. These questions are an examples of what an Action Law Offices premises liability attorney may ask:
- How, when and where were your injuries sustained?
- If your injury happened at a home or business, did the property owner have had a reasonable opportunity to remove the hazardous condition?
- If the hazardous condition was justified, was it clearly marked?
- Was poor lighting or limited visibility a factor in causing the slip and fall?
Wisconsin’s safe-place statute raises the bar for owners of businesses and other public buildings to protect the injured. Injuries that can result from tripping, falling, or slipping can be severe. If your injury is severe, you may be eligible to receive compensation for the injury. Our slip and fall injury lawyers can tell you whether you have a case against the property owners. Here are some of the most common injuries that we have seen:
Injured? Take Action! Tell us about your slip-and-fall injury during your Free Case Evaluation. Or- Call Action Law Offices at one of our three office locations noted below. No fee unless we succeed on your claim.