When involved in a drunk driving related accident, the reckless actions of another person instantly turn your life upside down. You likely feel overwhelmed not knowing how to pay your medical bills from your inability to work during your recovery. When the stakes are high, seek legal help from an experienced personal injury law firm. The drunk driver victim lawyers at Action Law Offices have what it takes to win your case.
What is drunk driving?
Drunk driving involves operating a motor-vehicle while impaired by the influence of a controlled substance, drugs or alcohol with a (BAC), blood alcohol content of 0.08% or higher in Wisconsin. The simple truth is that certain substances, and driving, do not mix. Here is a list of some of the most common substances that lead to drunk-driving accidents:
- Any intoxicant including Alcohol
- Marijuana (including medical marijuana)
- Mis-used Over-the-counter drugs
- Mis-used prescription medicines
- Other illegal drugs such as narcotics, depressants or other chemical substance
In general, people under the influence of any mind-altering substance, who make the choice to drive a vehicle, are more than ten times more likely than a sober driver to be killed in a vehicle accident. This is because substances like alcohol and marijuana, distort judgement, perceptions, and reaction time. (OUI) Operating Under the Influence, and (OWI), Operating While Intoxicated are both against the law.
According to the Department of Transportation, alcohol-related crashes killed more than 150 people in WI last year, and injured over 2,500. Sadly, many teen drivers who have been involved in an accident have also been drinking, or are "buzzed" from another substance. The lack of driving experience, paired with a substance that alters the mind, have proven to be deadly.
Holding Negligent Parties Responsible in Wisconsin
When you choose Action Law Offices, you will work directly with a seasoned personal injury attorney. We understand this is an emotionally-charged time for you and your family. Our legal team has handled hundreds of personal injury claims involving drunk driver victim accidents. We have the skills and tenacity to prove fault and obtain maximum compensation for your current and future medical needs.
- We meticulously examine accident scenes. The personal injury attorneys at our law firm conduct thorough investigations of accident scenes involving drunk drivers. We review blood alcohol reports and lab results to demonstrate the at-fault driver was over the legal limit at the time of the accident. Our legal team also consults eyewitnesses and police reports to document the motorist’s driving habits just moments before the accident occurred, including reckless driving, swerving between lanes, or driving unusually slow.
- We are committed to obtaining a maximum recovery. Our legal team aggressively pursues maximum compensation against at-fault drunk drivers. We are prepared to uncover all possible sources of compensation to cover your medical needs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If the at-fault driver was a minor, we will seek dram shop liability damages against a restaurant, hotel or bar for serving the driver when he or she was visibly impaired.
- All of our cases are prepared to be successful in trial. Evidence can quickly disappear in car accidents involving drunk drivers. We act quickly identifying evidence uncovered by alcohol toxicologists and investigators. We also consult medical specialists to demonstrate the extent of your catastrophic injuries, such as a head injury or spinal cord injuries. We incorporate as much evidence as possible so you are seen as an individual not as another claim number.
For more than 20 years, Action Law Offices in southeastern Wisconsin has fought to secure car accident victims’ rights. Our legal team includes skilled personal injury lawyers who negotiate directly with insurance adjusters. Low-ball settlement offers are simply not an option. All of our cases are prepared to be successful in trial, so our clients can benefit from a full recovery. Obtain justice from the irresponsible drunk driving accident that caused injury, disrupted your life, and potentially placed loved ones in harm's way.
Injured? Take Action!
Contact Our Team of Accident and Personal Injury Attorneys
to Get the Legal Help That You Need.