Product Liability Lawyer
If you or a family member have needed medical care after a consumer product liability injury, you may be due for compensation. Action Law Offices has a long and successful history of representing clients injured by defective products. These types of claims are different from premises liability which happen on someone else’s property. Product liability cases are commonly a result from food poisoning, or a manufacturer defect in equipment or toys that has led to an injury. Many attorneys in Wisconsin will not consider taking these kinds of cases because they are generally considered too complex and difficult to prove who is liable for the product that caused the injury. In addition, many people, or consumers, may not know what a product liability case is. However, the attorneys at Action Law Offices thrive on the challenges of such cases, and have successfully obtained large jury verdicts for our clients.
Product Liability Case
How do you know if you have a liability case from a product that has caused injury? If you can relate to these statements below, or have a similar situation, you may have a product liability case, and should contact an Action Law Offices Injury attorney:
- Someone has suffered an injury from a household item such as a cleaning product, heater, kitchen electronic device, power tool or other product used around the home or garage.
- A child has suffered an injury from using a toy, infant furniture, child gates, a stroller, baby crib or toddler bed, or any item intended for children. Other Child-related injuries.
- You have been seriously injured from a product such as medical device, electronic equipment or consumed a prescribed drug that you were taking and have since learned was on a product recall list.
- Defective auto parts such as faulty airbags or fuel tanks, inoperative cruise control, seat belt failure or other automotive defect has caused an accident with injuries.
- Recreational products such as trampolines, skateboards, playground equipment, and bikes that you thought were safe for play has badly injured your child.
- A Recreational Vehicle with a motor such as an ATV, go-cart, boat, snowmobile, or jet ski had product failure which caused an accident that has left one or more people seriously hurt.
Food Contamination Injury
Food poisoning also known as foodborne illness or foodborne disease is any illness that results from eating contaminated food. Harmful bacteria are the most common cause of food poisoning, but there are many other causes. One in six Americans will get sick from food poisoning this year. Most of them will recover without any lasting effects from their illness. For some, however, the effects can be devastating and even deadly. The Centers for Disease Control estimate foodborne illnesses cause 48 million illnesses and result in 128,000 hospitalizations and 3,000 deaths yearly in the United States.
Some of the common causes that lead to food poisoning are:
1) Bacteria and Viruses
2) Molds, Toxins, and Contaminants
Common symptoms of foodborne diseases are nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. However, symptoms may differ among the different types of foodborne diseases. Symptoms can sometimes be severe and some foodborne illnesses can even be life-threatening. Although anyone can get a foodborne illness, some people are more likely to develop one.
Serious long-term effects associated with several common types of food poisoning include:
1) Kidney failure
2) Chronic arthritis
3) Brain and nerve damage
It is important to begin an investigation immediately upon becoming ill in order to preserve crucial evidence necessary to pinpoint the source of the contamination. The Wisconsin personal injury lawyers at Action Law Offices have helped victims and their families recover full and fair compensation for medical expenses, noneconomic damages, wrongful death, and more. In order to collect the compensation you need and deserve, you must demonstrate negligence. Our law firm is dedicated to protecting the rights of injured victims. Because food contamination can cause and lead to serious injuries and huge medical expenses, our lawyers identify all potentially liable parties and fully assess the effect of the injuries on our client’s health and future.
Product Liability Claim
Milwaukee (414) 456-1111 • Racine (262) 637-3000 • West Bend (262) 334-2700 •