Injuries to the head, broken bones, back injuries, neck sprains or deep lacerations can send you to the emergency real quick. What may seem as a small accident could lead to a major injury or fatality. Slips, trips and falls make up a large number of industry related accidents but these incidents can literally happen anywhere, including both private and public places. Slip, trip and fall accidents happen year-round, and especially this time of year because there are more slips and falls due to wet or icy weather conditions. Here are some of the more common causes of slips and falls:
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces. The cold and wet conditions of rain, snow, and mud can create a dangerous backdrop for slip and fall accidents. Marble or ceramic floors can be extremely slippery even when dry. A little ice or water on any surface can create a slippery spot that leads to a fall. Loose flooring or uneven walking surfaces can make even the most cautious person trip and fall. These accidents can go far beyond the workplace to include public buildings, grocery stores, shopping malls and restaurants.
- Uneven & Inadequately Lit Walkways. Insufficient light can make it nearly impossible to see obstacles, loose gravel or changes in the walking surface. Changes in elevation are a major source of trip accidents and sometimes unavoidable. The twisting and turning of an ankle as it falls forward and back can create a severe injury. In some cases, the accident can lead to a fall, risking a broken limb or head injury. These dangerous conditions can surprise and make you unprepared to handle them.
- Environmental / Weather Conditions. The lack of proper snow removal and ice on parking lots, streets, sidewalks and construction zones are a winter hazard. Moisture can freeze on cold surfaces form a thin, nearly invisible layer of ice that is difficult to see. This makes for an especially hard and unexpected fall on any premises, whether private or public.
- Small Cluttered Walking Spaces & Stairways. Even some retailers are guilty of this. Places where customers walk must be kept in good condition and free of clutter. The expectations of a public place are that it is safe to occupy. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Hidden obstacles, low lighting, uneven surfaces, deteriorating ceilings, and other safety hazards can contribute to the risk of a potential slip or fall.
Slip & Fall Lawsuit Questions You’ll Want Answered
When you’re badly injured in a freak accident, you may wonder whether or not you may have a lawsuit. We will attempt to answer all of your initial questions during your free case evaluation with a slip, trip & fall lawyer. Here are some common questions that clients have when they reach out to Action Law Offices.
- Do my injuries qualify me for a potential slip, trip or fall lawsuit?
- How much time do I have to sue for a slip and fall injury?
- How much does it cost to hire a slip & trip attorney?
- Can I file a trip & fall lawsuit for a family member?
- How much is my slip and fall injury case worth?
- Can I sue anyone, even a big box company or private residence?
Slip & Fall Accident Attorneys
Determining who is at fault and whether or not you may have a case; that is the burning question. If your case can be proven,
Action Law Offices handles many types of personal injury including those resulting from slips, trips and falls. Regardless of the size of the case, the attorneys at Action Law Offices offers a free case evaluation to determine if you may be entitled to compensation. You have nothing to lose by contacting us. This is your chance to find out if you may have a case. If we are hired to represent your case, no fees are paid unless we succeed in obtaining compensation for your injuries. Our goal is maximum compensation for you.
For more information contact Action Law Offices for a free consultation today.